Thursday 24 January 2013

Knit

I had never tried knitting before this block. During the two weeks, I learned how to machine knit and hand knit. Well, I say learned to hand knit...I never actually!  I found it so so frustrating, I just could not pick it up.  I think the fact that I am left handed made it more difficult, everything always seems more awkward.  I did manage to produce some machine samples which I am pleased with.  Our tutor Tim (http://www.timothyjamesandrews.com/)was really inspiring, and he let us have a look at his portfolio...he was commissioned to produce a line of knit for Preen and also his work is in Vogue magazine!  It really changed my perception of knitted textiles, as usually I just think of big chunky winter garments, but knit can be produced really delicately and sensitively.

Knit on the catwalk...




Marc Jacobs Autumn/Winter 2012

In the knit workshop...




My efforts...




















Catwalk images WGSN




No comments:

Post a Comment