Thursday 24 January 2013

Stitch

Stitch at Chelsea is quite a different approach to what I have previously learned.  It is less about translating an image directly onto fabric through embroidery, and more about experimentation with media, translating marks from your drawings and trying to come up with a completely different technique to what others are doing around you.  I found this block really enjoyable.  I think the possibilities are endless when it comes to designing and it is what excites me most.  It has been my favourite discipline so far.

Some stunning stitched catwalk creations...




Giambattista Valli Spring/Summer 2013




Stephane Rolland Spring/Summer 2013

My stitch ideas and developments...





















Final samples...





Catwalk images WGSN







No comments:

Post a Comment