Thursday 24 January 2013

Print

My final taster block was print.  I have screen printed before, but what was interesting about it this time was I learned how to coat and expose my own silk screen from scratch.  I am not a huge fan of printing...I think the whole process is just too long, washing your screen, waiting for it to dry, mixing each colour of dye individually...also I am never pleased with the outcome: it is really hit and miss whether you end up with a good print on your fabric or not.  So many little things can go wrong.  However the print tutors managed to make the classes really fun and kept me interested.  I just don't think I am a print person, I never wear it & I never admire it on the catwalk or in shops.

Prints that inspired my work...




Tsumori Chisato Pre-Fall 2013

Inside the print studios...





Testing the dyes...



Experimenting...




Final Samples...






We also had a couple of days of print CAD, where we got to play around and experiment with Photoshop and Illustrator...







Catwalk images WGSN










No comments:

Post a Comment